Packing List for Mountain Gorilla Tracking in East and Central Africa
This is just a mere guideline as you may have your own preferences:-
- 1-2 long sleeved shirts
- 3 short sleeved t-shirts
- 2 –3 pairs of light weight slacks/trousers – that can dry quickly (if wearing on treks)
- 1 pair of shorts
- 1 sweater or sweatshirt
- A waterproof and windproof jacket
- Gloves – gardening or similar (for gorilla trekking)
- Strong waterproof hiking boots/shoes – pants should be tucked into socks and boots while trekking, even sports shoes can work.
- Hat-wide brim or with a visor for sun protection
- Sleepwear, Underwear, Lightweight wool socks, Swimsuit (and a plastic bag)
- Sunglasses with neck strap
- Insect repellent with DEET
- Small day pack
- Extra batteries
- Camera and extra lenses
- Film particularly fast film for the gorillas.
- Personal toiletries
- Prescription medicines and possibly prescription itself
- Kleenex tissues
- Small notebook
First Aid Kit including rehydration sachets, anti-diarrhea medicine, aspirin, cold medication, antiseptic cream, band-aids, motion sickness pills, lip balm, eye drops and personal medication.