Terms and Conditions – Uganda Safari Expeditions
1. Your booking will be confirmed upon receipt of your deposit of 30% – 45% of the price of the safari and a signed booking form. You will be invoiced for the remainder of the cost, which is payable no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of you safari, payment in full is required on confirming the booking.
2. If your balance is not paid by the time specified in clause 1 above unless previously arranged with us in writing) we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
3. If you cancel your booking before the final payment is due, your deposit will not be refunded. However, provided you notify us of your cancellation before your final payment is due; your deposit may be transferred to another safari you intend to travel.
4. Should you cancel your booking after you have paid for the safari in full the following charges are applicable ( calculated on the day written notification is received by us and expressed as a percentage of the total safari price)
- 7-8 weeks and more………………… full deposit refunded
- 5-6 weeks before the safari starts ………..50%
- 4-5 weeks before the safari starts…………75%
- 1-3 weeks before the safari starts………….100%
5. Should we cancel your safari, your deposit and any other payments made will be refunded in full. However, if our cancellation is due to ‘force majeure’ any reasonable expenses we have incurred will be deducted from your refund (war, civil or political unrest is usually known as force majeure). All refunds and compensation are strictly limited to monies paid to us and we are not liable for any expenses you have incurred as a result of this booking. Your safari will not be cancelled after the final payment is due unless we are forced to do so by force majeure.
6. We reserve the right to alter prices quoted to you in the event of external factors beyond our control e.g. changes in exchange rate or government action etc. Should any price exceed 10% of the total cost you are free to cancel your booking and will obtain a full refund of all moneys paid excluding the insurance premium, however no additional charge will be made less than 30 clear days before the date of commencement of your tour except in the case of bookings made during that period where additional charges may be made up to and including the date on which the invoice is issued. Every effort will be made to avoid and increases in the prices shown.
7. The tour leader or local ground operator who represents African Jungle Adventures has overriding authority on our holidays; by signing our booking form you agree to this. If you commit any illegal act on a holiday with us or if in the opinion of the tour leader or ground operator your behavior is detrimental to the safety and welfare of the group as a whole, you may after being cautioned at least once and failing to respond the said caution, be asked to leave the safari without any right to refund.
8. Any complaints with regard to the safari may be immediately brought to the attention of the tour leader, ground operators or hotelier so that the necessary action to rectify the matter can be taken. However if by the end of the tour you still feel you have a valid complaint you must notify the company, in writing, within 14 days of the end of your tour with African Jungle Adventures Ltd. If we are unable to
reach an agreement with you the issue can be taken to a court of Arbitration.
9. It is essential that you obtain suitable safari insurance before joining one of our tours. This must cover you fully against repatriation costs, should you become too ill to continue with the tour and must, above all, cover the evacuation of yourself from remote regions, should the need arise. Therefore we strongly recommend that take out a travel insurance policy before you travel.
10. You are responsible for ensuring that all your travel documents are in order, many countries require passports to be valid for at least six months after entry.
11. This information has been carefully compiled to our best belief at the time of publication, facts given are correct and described fully and honestly the tour safaris offered. Any changes will be brought to your attention as soon as possible.
12. The booking conditions may only be waived by a director of the company only in writing; these conditions are subject to and shall be construed according to the laws of Uganda.
13. Upon signing our booking form you show your willingness to accept our terms and conditions. On accepting your booking we agree to carry out our obligations to you as defined on our website.
14. Under no circumstances shall African Jungle Adventures ltd or any of our ground operators be held responsible for any wildlife mentioned in our itineraries but not actually present during the tour safari as a result of factors beyond our control; the accessibility of the wild life mentioned in our itineraries is subject to such factors game migrations, extreme weather conditions to mention but a few examples.